Author Topic: 2013 BRSC Canadian Nationals & AGM  (Read 21370 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
2013 BRSC Canadian Nationals & AGM
« on: May 12, 2013, 10:25:24 AM »
We are less than 2 months away.  It seems like a long time but in reality it is not that far off.   I figure this is the easiest way to touch base with everyone who may be attending. 

In regards to the AGM there is not a lot going on that I have heard that needs addressing.  If you know of anything please contact me via e-mail.  My e-mail is cyanchyc@mymts.net.  In other words the AGM should be very short and just a matter of going thru the motions.

The weekend plan is as follows.

FRIDAY:  The range will be available for practice Friday.  I believe it will be shared with the public.  If I had my way it would be otherwise. 
I want to start the AGM at 17:00 and be done by 18:00.  I also plan on assigning benches Friday.  PLEASE, if you are attending the sooner you can let me know the better.  This will give us an indication if it will be 1 or 2 relays.  Benches will be assigned and those who just show up will be filled in.  This will give the 1st relay shooters an opportunity to get there equipment in place to get the ball rolling ASAP Saturday. 

SATURDAY:  Shooting will begin with LV 100 in the AM.  Lunch break.  I hope we may be able to have Pizza brought in if there is enough interest.  Otherwise lunch will be a fend for yourself.  PM will be HV 100.  There is nothing at this time formally planned for supper.  If you want we can try and get a location that can host a group or just go our seperate ways in Selkirk.  I know there will be a GAGGLE staying at the Selkirk Inn and Conference Center.  I urge you to book your rooms now if you are attending.  There is Smitty's restaurant and a lounge next door.

Sunday:  Begin shooting ASAP.  I want to do my best to get the traveller's out of town ASAP.  Not that I want you to go but I know what it is like to travel long distances.  AM will be HV 200 followed by a lunch break.  PM we wind it down with the LV 200.  Followed by the awards ceremony.

If you have any questions or suggestions contact me at the e-mail address above or many of you have my phone number so call.

There may be a few changes before the shoot but I will keep everyone up to date.

Murray was talking about maybe having a weiner roast Friday at the range.  Let me know your thoughts and we will go along with the general concensus.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Calvin   
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 BRSC Canadian Nationals & AGM
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 05:31:36 PM »
Hi Calvin. Thanks for organizing this. I don't have much for the AGM, things seems to be running smooth.

As to the match, pizza lunches sounds fine with me. If we can swing a BBQ somewhere might be a nice touch on the Saturday, otherwise we will likely end up next door at the Smitties, given it is walking distance.

Whatever you come up with be fine. Looks like about 6-7 from Alberta. Everyone is checking their passports now. ;D

Offline Pesky ab

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 06:24:52 AM »
Thanks cal . I will be there

Offline RobS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 12:05:23 AM »
I'm there

Rob

Offline phil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 07:08:54 AM »
Be good to see you guys.

Phil

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »
I made an Executive decision over the last week.  I decided that I/Myself will provide fixins for lunch.  I have been treated very well when in SK and AB attending matches.  I decided it is time to return the favor. 

Unfortunately it is not going to be steak and lobster. 

After talking with my mother inquiring about GOOD smokies she informed me that the local sausage maker in my hometown makes good smokies.  I am going to pick some up along with some Angus burgers along with the other fixins that are required.  We will have those along with some carrot sticks for the veggie intake.

It does not take long to fire up the Barbeeeeeeee.  I am assuming there will be 2 relays.  When relay 1 is done there last match of the morning someone can fire up the grill.  The rest will be history.

Calvin

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 01:39:27 PM »
Sounds great! Would love to commit but you know me. Mr. Last Minute. When I get home I will book my accommodations just in case.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 03:03:06 PM »
Gang the time is drawing near.  Less than 2 weeks away.

Other than that not much else to report.  The AGM will be Friday.  In reality not much to discuss.  It will be more in regards to the house keeping end of BRSC.  I have not heard from anyone in regards to possible issues or concerns.

I will try and get out to the paid members the meeting agenda.  If all goes well I see it no longer than a half hour.

Calvin

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 07:56:21 PM »
I would like to thank RPS International for there generous donation to the 2013 BRSC Canadian Nationals.  Your support is appreciated.

Calvin

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »
The other thing that would be helpful is that if your showing up from out of Province it would be nice to know.  I would like to have a good idea of attendance.  So far i know of 4 for sures out of AB and 3 from ON.  This way we may be able to draw for benches Friday. 

I appreciate your cooperation.

Calvin

Offline Pesky ab

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 10:08:56 AM »
I will be there Calvin

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 12:23:14 PM »
I had NO DOUBTS Pesky one.........................  See you guys Thursday.

I was not going to say a lot but figured I should.  As you know the Charlie Womack trophy was retired a few years ago.  This was due to its rough shape and size.  It was far from easy to transport around.  A new travelling plaque was made to replace it.  Undoubtedly, there were a LOT of unhappy people.  The decision was made at the AGM.  Anyways that is the past. 

Fast forward to the 2012 AGM.

At the 2012 AGM, Robert Seeman stepped up to the plate and unselfishly said he would at his own expense undertake the refurbishing of theCharlie Womack Trophy.  I am pleased to say by the few photos I have seen it will be a beautiful piece. 

So in saying this I URGE anyone who wants there chance to have there name engraved on it make the trip to Selkirk.

In regards to lunch I think it is all set.  Saturday we will be having Angus Burgers with celery and carrot sticks along with tater chips.  There will be flats of water on hand.  Sunday we will enjoy Elphinstone Kolbassa smokies and sausage.  For those of you die hard drinkers (after the shooting) I may have a treat of my Dad's dill pickles.  Unfortunately I did not think ahead but a big jar of his pickled eggs would have been a real treat.  Maybe nexttime.

See you all at the shoot.

Calvin

Offline Pesky ab

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »
Thanks for the hospitality Cal , looking forward to it

Offline MBenson

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 06:11:54 PM »
Latest forecast for the Nationals is 24 degreases both days and sunny, perfect weather for shooting.

See you all on the weekend,

Murray

Offline phil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:38 AM »
The 2013 Nationals are history. Good shooting Cal & thank you for all the effort you put into this sport.

Phil

Offline Pesky ab

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 05:23:26 PM »
Congrats on the win Cal and thanks to you and the club for all the hospitality, had a great time , it was good to meet everyone , looking forward to shooting with them again

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 07:38:47 PM »
A super time had by all. Well worth the slings and arrows of my traveling companions! Hosted by a great bunch of guys. Congrats to Cal on a well deserved win. He has been working hard at this game and it shows. Well done!

Here are the results:

LV 100

LV 200

LV Grand

HV 100

HV 200

HV Grand

2-Gun

The winning rig!

Hugh W

Phil N

The Big Winner - Cal Y

Prairie Provincial Cup Winners - L-R Rob S, Cal Y, Wayne M

Rogues Gallery
F (L-R) Wayne M, Cal Y, Phil N, Walter M, Dave R
R (L-R) Dan O, Hugh W, Rick P, Rob S
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:59:23 PM by rpollock »

Offline BobR

• View Profile
    • Hunting and shooting forum
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 08:45:25 PM »
Great event, good shooting and can't wait till next year!! Way to go Cal!!!!

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 06:17:26 AM »
Thanks again guys.  It was an enjoyable shoot, at least I think.  It feels so good to finish on a high, and everything supposedly working in the honey hole.  The conditions were tough all weekend as you witnessed and experienced.  I am "GREEN" with envy................. LOL.....  I mentioned to a few of you guys I wanted to see Mr. Smiley face win a 2-Gun, he delivered.

On another note there are people I need to thank for coming out and making this shoot a success.

Thanks to those that travelled to attend the Nationals, to Robert Seeman for doing an "AWESOME" job refurbishing the Charlie Womack trophy.  To Chelsea Schick, our scorer, and Brad, target runner, for taking time out of there July long weekend to spend it with us.  They did a GREAT job.  Young Brad walked over 4.5 miles on Sunday, a real trooper.  Hope to see transportation for you next time Brad.

Thanks to Dan Opel, (Plety O Patches), Joe Ponto, (RPS International), Doug Seib,  and the SBRS for the prize donations.  The big winners were Rick Pollock(Jewell trigger) and Bob Richards(Kreiger barrel).

All in all I think things went smoothly.  Take care and hope to see you at next years BRSC Nationals in Rosebud.

Offline John VM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 01:34:37 PM »
Congratulations Calvin!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk