Author Topic: BRSC Canadian Benchrest Records  (Read 65277 times)

Offline Dwayne Cyr

• View Profile
Re: BRSC Canadian Benchrest Records
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
I'm glad we are having this conversation. There does seem to be a surge in .30 for score stuff going on in Thunder Bay and Nova Scotia right now. Only a couple years ago it was really hard to get .30 cal bullets in Canada. I think what made us in Kenora decide we were ready to start registering our matches is we became aware of the records by shooting group competition and hanging out with other BRSC members in Selkirk and Calgary. Our scores climbed to the point that we stood a chance at a record. One hurdle to growing registered Score shooting in Canada is all the different club rules. There is no willingness by clubs to standardize and adopt the NBRSA rule book for their score shooting which they do just for fun. 

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2022, 11:43:23 AM »
I am pleased to advise the following shooters that the BRSC Record Committee has awarded each of them the following records in 2021:

June 12, 2021   Canadian Record   Hugh Williamson
Unl. 100 Yards 5-Shot .1768" Aggregate   

July 17, 2021    Canadian Record   Vic Edmunds
Unl. 100 Yards 5-Shot .1720" Aggregate

July 17, 2021 Canadian Record      Hugh Williamson
Unl. 100 Yards 5-Shot 1752" Aggregate

Aug. 29, 2021 Canadian Record     Phil Nick
HV 200 Yards 249-9X

Note that Vic and Hugh both broke the existing record for Unlimited 5 Shot aggregate at 100 yds on the same day, both will receive certificates, only Vic will be entered in the record book.

Congratulation to each Shooter for a job well done! Certificates will be mailed out as soon as they are ready.

Rick

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2022, 01:34:30 PM »
Please see attached Record Book updated to Dec 31, 2021. Print a copy to keep in your tool box for the upcoming 2022 season.

Offline mahigunn

• View Profile
Re: sticky post with all the Canadian Benchrest Records
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2022, 12:57:08 PM »
This is my most recent copy of BRSC records, somebody else will have to post the SORSA records:

BRSC 2006 Records

I was picking up targets in 1981 when Bill Trommer shot that 0.523 group in the warm up at 300 yards.

Let me tell you about the conditions that group was shot in. The old Lethbridge range was in the river valley and faced east. We were shooting into the sun and nobody was able to see bullet holes, even when we asked others to spot them from an angle.

So Bill just picked a condition and tried to shoot through the same one I guess. You cannot chase a shot you cannot even see.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2023, 01:30:07 PM »
Well it is certainly getting a lot harder to break records in the BRSC, but I am pleased to announce that Wayne Miller managed to shoot a .058" 5-shot group at 100 yards in the Unlimited Class back on June 11, 2022 at the Rosebud Heavy Iron Shoot. Kudos to Wayne on a job well done.

Updated 2022 record book is attached.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:30:43 PM by rpollock »

Offline duceman

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2023, 08:09:38 PM »
thanks for the  update rick.
congrats to the folks that have made the grade; tough to top for sure!
wondering if there are any records kept of the equipment used to shoot those groups?
also, i assume that all the group sizes are adjusted to moa at 100 yds, or are the numbers actual measurements at each distance?

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2023, 09:39:39 PM »
As far as equipment specific to each record we don't really maintain that information, although with a bit of digging it may be available. Pre internet days equipment lists were published in the BRSC newsletter that was mailed to members. Post internet days the equipment list was published online.

For the group shooting records, the single target records are noted in the measured group size on each target. The aggregate records are noted as an average of the 5 target's measurement in moa. Not a "true" moa since it is just divided by 2 for 200 yard aggregates, and divided by 3 for 300 yard aggregates. This sport is pre digital era and for simplicity they did not use the true moa (1.047" at 100 yards) to calculate scores. It was all calculated by hand back in the day.

Note any potential record targets are sent to a 3 person record committee who average their 3 measurements to give a final measurement for consideration against the existing record.

Hope that helps.

Offline duceman

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2023, 07:12:22 AM »
thanks for the clarification rick.  if anyone had any of the old newsletters i sure would like a chance to make copies, kind of a history buff on some of this stuff, lee

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2023, 08:29:56 AM »
I don't have paper copies, but I have digital copies. They are large files. I will see if I can get them in to a dropbox and send you a link.

Anybody else that wants a link to the dropbox can email me: rickpollock@shaw.ca 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 08:54:01 AM by rpollock »

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2023, 02:19:11 PM »
I am pleased to report that the Records Committee has confirmed another record. This time it was shot by Hugh Williamson, it was a .149" 5-Shot group at 200 yards, shot in Sporter Class at the IBS Nationals held in Fairchance, Pennsylvania on August 15, 2022. This qualifies as a Canadian International Record. Kudos to Hugh!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 02:31:34 PM by rpollock »

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2024, 04:08:57 PM »
I am pleased to report 2 BRSC records shot in 2023.

June 11, 2023   Canadian Record   Hugh Williamson
HV 200 Yards 5-Shot .1830" Aggregate   

August 26/27   Canadian Record   Phil Nick
Heavy Varmint for Score 499-21X Grand Aggregate

Well done to both shooters! Lets see more records fall in 2024!

Certificates will be sent out and teh records book updated.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2024, 04:23:46 PM »
Please see updated BRSC Record Book as of the End of 2023.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk