Author Topic: Group measuring caliper.  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Mike Darlow

• Southern Alberta
    • View Profile
Group measuring caliper.
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:03:15 AM »
Who makes a group measuring caliper? I like the one that has the magnifying glass with the with the little pin that holds the caliper in place. Does anyone make one like this anymore. I looked in Sinclair but is there a better one.

Mike "2 rod"

Offline DanO

• View Profile
Re: Group measuring caliper.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:18:13 AM »
Mike,

It appears that the BRSC will be buying several of these unit in the near future, you may want to tag on to that order to stay consistant with the device that will be used.
I am not sure who was in charge of getting them ordered, but the Friday night meeting minutes may have that detail.
Check with Lyle Turton as he has the note.

DanO

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:09:11 AM »
Mike, the one that Rick showed at the meeting is made by Neil Jones.  I ordered one after Rick sent me picks of his.  You just need either a digital or analog vernier caliper.  When you order from Neil you specify if your vernier is analog or digital.

Maybe he will post pics of it as you were not at the meeting.

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Bill Gammon

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »
DO NOT GET THE ANALOG, GET THE DIGITAL!!!!!!!! Having said that make sure that the heads are held on with set screws. Reason? if the caliber breaks down you can switch it to another caliber. If you are going to get one for yourself get a analog, but for a scorer to score targets at a match, NO WAY A good friend of mine who does the scoring at Holton and at WWCCA if you walked in and said here is your analog calibers, bring the Vaseline with you, they will be easier to get out. But you do what you want.

Bill Gammon

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
Just noticed that Neil sells the device alone, buy the device and buy the caliber at home. Oh by the way say Hi to Neil & Judy for me.

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:15:36 PM »
We use a Jones group measuring tool in Campbell River.  I bought the tool seperate and then a Canadian Tire digital caliper which is on sale right now for $14.99 and it works well.  Cold weather blanks out the LCD display on the caliper but with slight warming it comes back.  It sure speeds up group measuring.
cheers
Greg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk