Author Topic: Wind Indicators  (Read 7145 times)

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
Wind Indicators
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »
We just had a shoot in Campbell River and I got to try out my new wind indicator that I bought from Killough Shooting Sports in Texas.  Man, is it nice to have.  A couple of other guys want one now so I thought I'd ask this forum if anyone in Canada makes one.

The one I have is made by Danny Keeney and sold though Killough.  It is kinda cheaply made but for $75 US with a stand, and it works, it's ok value.  I just would like to buy in Canada.

Thanks

Greg

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: Wind Indicators
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 06:25:05 AM »
Greg have not heard of any made up hear.  I had a few of the cheaper made indicators by Orlando Wind Flags and took them out to the farm and they sit in the shed.  I found them to unstable and twitchy.  Went with the Beggs wind probe and PREFER it by far.  It is very pricey but worth the money.

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 06:53:33 AM »
Greg,

Nothing in Canada I am aware of. Rick Graham in Seattle makes flags. He will be your closest vendor. e-mail rgart@zipcon.net his webpage is www.brflags.com

Rick

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 10:22:06 AM »
As far as I can see on Graham's website, he doesn't make a wind indicator, just flags.  The Carbon River windflag outfit in Puyallup doesn't make one either.

Calvin, did you have the indicators with the plastic pop bottle on top of the rod or the new one with the whirly wheel on top?  Do you want to sell your "now, sit in the shed" indicators?

Cheers
Greg

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:35:38 AM »
What is the difference between a wind indicator and the many variations of flags? I must have missed something here.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 12:49:51 PM »
Rick same as a wind probe but a cheaper version without the hydraulic dampener.

Greg yes I would sell if anyone is interested.  Mine have the pop bottle on top.  One is large and one is small.  Never have been out to the range.  I tried them in the yard and HATED how they danced around.  

The Beggs probe is more to my liking.

I also have a set of 5 of the dual vane Carbon River ball flags if anyone is interested as well.  Will have to get them on the buy and sell.  I will be seeing Rick in a couple of weeks in Regina so they could possibly be sent back to Calgary with him???????

Calvin
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:51:43 PM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk