Author Topic: New guy from Lethbridge  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Kelly N.

• View Profile
New guy from Lethbridge
« on: September 09, 2022, 09:10:15 AM »
Good morning everyone,
I've been watching this forum for a few years now, figured it's time to officially join since I finally bought an actual BR rifle a few days ago!

I have been shooting in the Lethbridge league (hunter varmint/modified) for 3 years now and really enjoy it, just a few weeks ago I was finally able to shoot in our Leffingwell Memorial Shoot for the first time and naturally I had a great time, also got meet a few of you which was nice.

Looking forward, I hope to make it to the BR101 and 102 next year (also been trying to get to those for a couple years) and to haul my trailer to the occasional shoot - still warming my wife up to that idea! She's currently more concerned with how I'm going to replace the money I just took out of our savings to buy the rifle.  :o ;D

Seems like lots of helpful people here (most gun-folks are) and I look forward to learning lots and hopefully being able to contribute myself someday.

Kelly

Offline duceman

• View Profile
Re: New guy from Lethbridge
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 09:32:36 AM »
welcome to the pit!  think we met at leffingwell.  while your dreaming up excuses for your shooting addiction; carefully record all of them.  over time you will never have enough........

Offline TJanzen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 09:43:45 AM »
Welcome Kelly.  I think I remember you too lol.  Great to see you sign up.  Lots of great information and people here.  Oh...by the way...that rifle is beauty.  Enjoy.

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 05:25:52 PM »
Hi Kelly, welcome to the slippery slope. You are in good hands with the guys in Lethbridge. It is not too late to bring you and the rifle to Rosebud tomorrow and Sunday! We will typically run the schools in May, but in the meantime ask away!

Rick

Offline Kelly N.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2022, 06:59:35 PM »
Hi Kelly, welcome to the slippery slope. You are in good hands with the guys in Lethbridge. It is not too late to bring you and the rifle to Rosebud tomorrow and Sunday! We will typically run the schools in May, but in the meantime ask away!

Rick

Thanks Rick. I had thoughts of trying to get there for the weekend, however I've been tasked with cooking a 15lb pork shoulder for a big family dinner on Sunday. 20 hour cook will have me tied up for 2 days unfortunately!

Hopefully next year, but until then I will certainly have my share of questions.

Offline Kelly N.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 07:00:59 PM »
welcome to the pit!  think we met at leffingwell.  while your dreaming up excuses for your shooting addiction; carefully record all of them.  over time you will never have enough........

One of your final pieces of advice to me was that my next purchase should be good glass, I took that to heart and made it happen - it just happens to have a nice rifle attached to it as well!

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 07:54:37 PM »

Rick

Thanks Rick. I had thoughts of trying to get there for the weekend, however I've been tasked with cooking a 15lb pork shoulder for a big family dinner on Sunday. 20 hour cook will have me tied up for 2 days unfortunately!

Hopefully next year, but until then I will certainly have my share of questions.

In this case we will need your address for the dinner.....

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 08:46:25 PM »
The expression always seems to be happy wife happy life.....

What about the man being happy as well?

LOL
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Kelly N.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 11:06:51 PM »
The expression always seems to be happy wife happy life.....

What about the man being happy as well?

LOL

I definitely agree! But to be fair to her, it's a bit of a story but I had saved up and tried to buy this gun in January, the deal didn't work/timing wasn't right so I ended up buying a less expensive gun and a second motorcycle and all new riding gear (offroad). Imagine my surprise when the now ready seller approached me last week and offered to sell! I've done pretty good this year, no doubt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk