Author Topic: Selkirk Benchrest Shooters present BR101  (Read 1416 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Selkirk Benchrest Shooters present BR101
« on: April 11, 2022, 09:19:17 AM »
Following on the heels of Rick and the Rosebud crew's successful clinics, we are going to try our hand at this.

The date is Saturday June 11, 2022.  It will be held at the Selkirk Game and Fish Range Selkirk, MB.  There will be limited space  capped at 10.  There will be no fee.

We are looking for people who are seriously interested in stepping into the Formula 1 of short range Benchrest.  See the attached poster.

Contact myself @ 1-204-570-1956 for details and registration.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 09:20:46 AM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Selkirk Benchrest Shooters present BR101
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 05:25:44 PM »
Calvin, good on you guys for organizing this. You may be surprised by the response. I know Calgary and Rosebud are oversubscribed at this point and we have to turn some folks away simply due to lack of coaches.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 07:56:56 AM »
Well, the day has come and gone.

Ended up with 7 students.  Morning was the basics of the sport.  After lunch break, the shooting of the rifles, some loading etc.  This could have gone on until dark. 

When the smoke cleared, a lot of thanks and compliments, and a hearing of, "looks like I will be looking for a rifle".

There were things that we did not even get to touch on but the comments were enough.  I just asked that if they know of anybody in there circles to pass the word out.  It was a start I think a very successful one. 

In my eyes one of the least experienced guys at the clinic took to the rifle like he had been doing it for years.  Luckily he is young and decides to eat the fruit.....lol

I never had a chance to grab pictures but maybe some of the guys will share with me to share later.

Calvin

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 12:04:39 PM »
I should add to this, thanks for the Selkirk Wildlife for letting us  use the clubhouse and range.

The other is Tory, Ron and Grant for giving of there time towards the clinic.  I am sure this is the first of many.

Finally, out of this clinic it appears a few want to venture down the slope.

All we ask as BR shooters if you know of any potential leads of BR rifles, Please let us know by PM.  If anything a BR shooter likes to see a BR rifle in the hands of one who will use it for it's intended purpose and not tear it appart and send it to the gopher patch

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 12:06:07 PM by cyanchycki »

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 09:59:24 PM »
Great to hear Calvin, and kudos to everyone involved in hosting the BR101 at Selkirk. The biggest challenge is in finding equipment. Time for everyone to look in their safe and see what they can part with and sell to someone new getting in the sport.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk