Author Topic: Loading at a match.  (Read 1699 times)

Offline elpolliano

• View Profile
Loading at a match.
« on: October 20, 2021, 12:52:40 PM »
So after watching some of the you tube interviews I'm curious as to how many of you load at a match and what your techniques are and what type of scales and presses you use.
I am set up to have all my rounds pressed long and can adjust seating depth at the range but am wondering if it's worth while to bring an auto charge and scale type set up or just a nice thrower with a gem pro 250 and a trickler exc.

Thanks 😊

MP
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 01:12:09 PM by elpolliano »

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: Loading at a match.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 03:04:58 PM »
When it comes to the Short range game, pretty much everyone that shoots a 6PPC in group and wants to be competitive loads at the range.  The only exception would be the 30BR.  That you could basically load develop and shoot that load pre loaded.

I have a couple Harrels throwers, and a couple digital scales.  I throw light by 1 or 2 tenths and trickle up to the weight l want.  You can use a ChargeMaster if you so desire.

Presses, Harrel or Hood or Redding or Rock Chucker.  Ideally the Harrel or Hood.  Small, light and compact.
You can use your sizer and Wilson seater with them.  You can also carry an arbor press for seating. 

When loading at the range or matches, it is keeping it as simple and compact as you can using the best equipment you can afford.  MO
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline elpolliano

• View Profile
Re: Loading at a match.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »
Thank you for the very detailed reply, being a younger guy I do like my digital stuff but I know how finicky my scale can be in a controlled environment let alone on a table at the range. So looks like I'll be grabbing a few things before hopfully shooting outside of Vancouver Island.
Probably going to grab a harrels thrower and maybe one of there arbor presses....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk