Author Topic: Stampede Shootout July 10/11 2021 - Rosebud  (Read 2931 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Stampede Shootout July 10/11 2021 - Rosebud
« on: June 15, 2021, 03:26:05 PM »
Calling all BR Shooters!

Rosebud Silhouette & Benchrest Club is pleased to announce it is going ahead with the Stampede Shootout scheduled for July 10th and 11th,  with a practice day on the Friday July 9th. Alberta is in stage 2 of our Covid re-opening plan with all restrictions expected to be lifted around June 30th.

This will be a BRSC sanctioned group shoot. Memberships can be purchased at the range if you need one. The Stampede Shootout will be 4-Gun contest. That is: we will shoot all 4 BR classes in this event, all aggregates will be at 100 yards over the two days. Saturday will be Sporter and LV, and Sunday will be HV and Unl. (5-shot). The Champion will be the lowest in the combined 4-Gun Grand Aggregate, with individual class aggregates awarded as well. Match Fee is $80 for the weekend.

Camping is allowed and those looking to camp at the range should contact me in advance to make arrangements. This is dry camping with no amenities. Anyone looking for hotel recommendations please contact me.

Loading is in the clubhouse where we have space for about 30 shooters and their reloading equipment. 

There will be a BBQ on the Saturday after the shooting is completed. The club will supply the side dishes and soft drinks. The shooters should bring their own steaks, burgers etc to grill.

Friday practice day is available for everyone. Out of towners and non-members let me know in advance if you plan to participate in this so we can arrange access on the Friday.

If anybody need directions try this link: https://goo.gl/maps/j3MZ9Z2zfEA2 or https://www.albertarifle.com/directions

It is very helpful for us to know in advance who all is coming to this shoot, to arrange helpers and support to make the match run smoothly To that end please let me know if you are attending, unless we have communicated already.

Last thought, I will have an area set up for a swap meet, so feel free to bring items you wish to display for sale.

Any questions please send them through to rickpollock@shaw.ca

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Rick Pollock
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 09:00:26 PM by rpollock »

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Stampede Shootout July 10/11 2021 - Rosebud
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 02:01:46 PM »
For this match I am encouraging everyone to bring any BR or precision related items (rifles, scopes, bags, rest, powder measures dies etc) they would like to offer for sale. I will make sure to set aside a couple of tables for goods that are for sale.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 10:43:59 AM »
Looks like a great turnout for this match. Reminder that there will be a swap meet so bring your stuff that you don't use anymore to make it go away.

Also reminder that there will be a BBQ on the Saturday where club supplies side dishes, soft drinks, chips etc, shooters need to bring their own items for the grill.

Note that visitors to the Rosebud Club do NOT need to purchase the Kananaskis park pass.

Lastly a new feature for the Friday practice day, I have renamed it: "Ask Hugh a Question Day"!

Any out of towners need to contact me if they haven't already to get instructions to get in the range.

rickpollock@shaw.ca

Offline DDT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 06:17:00 PM »
If anyone has any of the below for the swap meet I would be interested:
6br reamer
6 br go / no go gauges
6 ppc go / no go gauges
Harold style press

Thanks
Doug

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 11:37:43 AM »
The 2021 Stampede Shootout is in the bag. Saturday was very hot and on Sunday we had thunderstorms at 7:30 AM. Go figure! A good time was had by all and we welcomed shooters from as far away as Vancouver Island and Manitoba. The swap meet was a success, and the practice day was well attended. A very good turnout and we look forward to hosting this again in 2022!

Congratulations to Wayne Miller who is our 4-Gun Champion!

Notable shooting by:
Wayne Miller with a .095 screamer in HV 100
Hugh Williamson with a .091 screamer in Unlimited 5 shot 100 yards
Possible record for Vic Edmunds with a .1572 Aggregate in Unlimited 100 Yards
Possibel record for Hugh Williamson with a .1696 Aggregate in Unlimited 100 yards

See everyone Sept 4/5 for the BRSC Nationals in Rosebud.

Rick

« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 02:41:07 PM by rpollock »

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 11:41:22 AM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 11:49:35 AM by rpollock »

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 02:36:32 PM »
Equipment list is attached.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 07:54:41 AM »
Congrats to Humble Wayne Miller on the 4 gun win.

Nice to see such a good turnout. 

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Pesky ab

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 12:25:45 PM »
Cangrats  Wayne Miller , he shot steady all week end for the win , thanks again to everyone who made the trip from out of town , it was a good match and a fun week end

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk