Author Topic: BRSC 2020 National Championship August 1, 2 - Rosebud  (Read 2790 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
BRSC 2020 National Championship August 1, 2 - Rosebud
« on: July 16, 2020, 05:39:15 PM »
Please take note that the BRSC National Championships will be held at the Rosebud Silhouette & Benchrest Club Aug 1st and 2nd. Camping is available, just let me know in advance.

I would also appreciate hearing from any out of towners in advance, just to let you know the procedure for accessing the Club. The Club will provide a dinner including a main course and side dishes as well as soft drinks and snacks on the Saturday after the matches are completed.

Of special note we will have a tribute to our good Friend Dan Opel, immediately following the morning matches, at approximately 11:30 AM.

Lastly we will have the BRSC AGM on the Friday, July 31st, in the Clubhouse at 3PM.

This looks like it will be a terrific turnout, as we are expecting shooters from across Western Canada and even further points East. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Rick Pollock
rickpollock@shaw.ca
403-554-6772

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BRSC 2020 National Championship August 1, 2 - Rosebud
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 01:50:37 PM »
Another National Championships has come and gone. Good times had by all as the weather was perfect, probably the best in the last 15 years or so.

Congratulations are in order for Hugh Williamson, who is your BRSC 2020 Canadian Champion!

Thanks go out to all the out of towners for visiting us, and also to all the helpers including target crew, scoring, and BBQ dinner prepared by the spouses.

On Saturday we had a moving tribute to Dan Opel who passed away this year. I can say not a dry eye in the house, and Dan will surely be missed.

Lastly in the process of beating us for the Championship, Hugh Williamson has set a possible HV 200 Aggregate record which has been sent to the scoring committee for consideration, a remarkable .1845" aggregate.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 01:52:52 PM by rpollock »

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 03:49:31 PM »
Thanks for the results Rick.  Also congrats to Hugh on the win.

I am sure there were a lot who would have liked to have been there.  To those that attended, I am sure you gave it your best efforts.
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 04:55:02 PM »
Equipment list attached.

Offline Rundltrain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 06:33:28 AM »
It's been a week since the match and I'm sitting here wishing it was ahead of me rather than past. I had a great time and seriously wonder now if I will do it again in coming years. It was great meeting everyone and to Rick, Hugh and Wayne; a big thank you for all your help. Especially setting up flags. What a great assistance it would be if I just knew how to read them properly. Once in a while I'd get it but....:-(. I watched Hugh put 5 shots in a dot at 200 yds. Congratulations on your well deserved win and a possible new record. Anyway. Hopefully there will be more matches where one can learn and have fun. Take care all. Stan Walter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk