Author Topic: Quantum Mechanics & BR  (Read 13030 times)

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
Quantum Mechanics & BR
« on: March 27, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »
I know, I know,,,what kind of nut job am I.  I'm just a self employed logger/sawmiller/dirt dealer/etc., that reads alot of different stuff.  I came across an article in a science magazine years ago about Quantum Mechanics and how a persons thoughts can effect outcomes.  

I began thinking about effecting outcomes/shooting groups and did a little research and found this from a 1974 U.S. Army Ballistic Research Laboratory paper:

In quantum mechanics, reality is described by waves defining the probabilities of different outcomes from the same interactions. These waves manifest as what we have been taught to call matter, energy, particles, and/or waves when observed.

Quantum Mechanics And Consciousness
Getting back to established scientific theory, normal waking consciousness occurs when the nerve cell firing rate (synaptic switching rate) is high enough to spread out the waves associated with electrons to fill the gaps between nerve cells (synaptic clefts) with waves of probability of similar amplitude. This is described mathematically by the quantum mechanical mechanism of tunneling. These waves are interconnected throughout regions of the brain through resonances, resulting in a large, complex, unified, quantum mechanically defined resonance matrix filling a region in the brain. The waves are interconnected with each other and with information storage and sensory input mechanisms within these regions of the brain.
The nerve cell firing rate (v') at which this occurs has been modeled mathematically by Evan Harris Walker (at the U.S. Army Ballistics Center at Aberdeen Proving Ground) and corresponds to the threshold between waking and sleeping consciousness in people and animals.

Quantum Mechanics And Psychokinesis
By merely observing a phenomenon (resonating ones brain with it) one can affect the outcome, since the physical mechanisms in your brain are part of the wave matrix described by quantum mechanics. The information handling rate in resonance determines the amount of effect, along with the elapsed time of resonance and the probability distribution of the phenomenon you are observing [5]. According to Evan Harris Walker, quantum mechanical state selection can be biased by an observer if [5]:
W te is greater than or equal to -Log P(Qo-Qi) Q 2
where:

P(Qo-Qi) = Probability that state Qi will occur by chance  
                alone

W   = Information handling rate in process in brain
           Q    associated with state vector selection (bits/sec)

te = Elapsed time

Q = Overall state vector

Qo = Initial physical state of system    

Qi = State that manifests "paranormal" target event
The effect of consciousness is incredibly small on macroscopic systems; but it can be measurable when it occurs on quantum mechanically defined and divergent systems, where a slight change can amplify itself as it propagates through the system. The effect is about 1E-17 degrees on the angle of the bounce of cubes going down an inclined plane. Changes in the angle of bounce result in changes in displacement of the cubes that increase about 50% on every bounce, and the effect is measurable after many bounces [6]. The theory successfully and quantitatively modeled the differing amounts of displacement observed in experiments on cubes of different weights and weight distributions

Scientific Theory
Mr. Walker's ideas and equations would only be hypotheses if it weren't for the fact that they have been tested experimentally and found to predict the results of experiments with reasonable accuracy [4,5]. The evidence meets the usual rules of proof for scientific theory, and this makes Walker's equations legitimate scientific theory.
The non-local underlying wave patterns beneath manifestations of matter and energy that we hold in common with our surroundings allow us to influence reality and to obtain information about it using the power of the mind. This underlying interconnecting pattern is the very stuff of consciousness and manifests, not only as matter & energy, but also as psychokinesis, precognition and other phenomenon that are only now beginning to be recognized and embraced by some theories of modern physics.

Implications Of Quantum Consciousness Theory
Deflections caused by consciousness are not caused by force or energy in the conventional sense; but by something more subtle, namely effects within the underlying wave structure out of which matter and energy are manifestations (collapse of the state vector) [5].
To psychically obtain information about a target or to psychically influence events, one has to have one's brain resonating with aspects of reality interconnecting the brain with the target. The more one's brain resonates with non-local aspects of reality connecting with a target, the more communication and direct influence one can have on it. The more fundamentally diverse the potential outcomes of a process targeted are, the more effect one gets from resonating ones brain with it [5]. Also, the more small changes in the system tend to amplify as larger changes in the end result, the more effect one can get. This provides an explanation of why patterns exist within seemingly random events

Walker, Evan H. The Complete Quantum Mechanical Anthropologist. U.S. Army Ballistic Research Laboratories, Aberdeen Proving ground, Maryland, presented at the 73rd Annual American Anthropological Association Meeting, Mexico City, November 19-24, 1974.

Now I'm not a good enough mathematician to do the calcs, but what this guy is saying looks like it applies to BR and shooting. Back in the '70s I was fortunate enough to get some National Coaching advise for smallbore shooting and one of the thing I remember was to visualize shooting X's..We would first calm our mind and relax our body, get a sight picture and think about shooting an X.  Focus on shooting an X.  They still use the visulization techniques today in competitive shooting and that sounds alot like using Quantum Mechanics to shoot better.

I don't know if Quantum Mechanics has enough of an impact on shooting itty bitty groups, but according to Evan Walker it does some impact.  How to refine it and use it might be as simple as really, really, really focusing on shooting all the bullets into one little hole instead of thinking about that cute waitress at Timmy's this morning.

Something else to think about

Cheers
Greg
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:24:30 PM by gyeomans »

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Mechanics & BR
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »
Greg, is this something different than the visualization techniques top athletes use? It sounds similar.

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »
Nope, I don't think it is any different.  It's probably one explanation of why it works.  I just wonder how much it would influence a bullet.
Greg

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »
Greg,

Wish I knew more and could understand this sort of research. I know I frequently lack focus on the line, and that is a big problem when in some respects shooting groups is not only a wind reading contest but also a short term memory contest.

Tell us more about the cute waitress at Tims....

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
LOL.   Rick, deep down, we're all just breedin' machines.  Its amazing we can even walk around.

Offline SpencerC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 03:54:11 PM »
So do we all just need to get into a Zen state before and visualize shooting perfect scores?

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 04:10:42 PM »
I agree focus is a key factor.  It is needed for about 7.5-8 minutes/target  for 10 targets throughout a day.  I have lacked that over the years I have shot and realize that must change to get better.  It is just not a matter of hammering down range when the condition presents itself but being mythodical the entire duration of the 7 minutes.

I do think one has to concentrate on there flags and the conditions presented before one squeezes the trigger.  After the bang occurs also visualizing the bullet making its way into the group.  You can't be looking for the bullet hole to quickly to see if it made it in.  It should be the last thing you look for after you have returned to battery and are locked and loaded for the next shot.

You have to be able to TUNE OUT everything else around you when required.  It is nice to have a laugh when your group is going wrong or the guy next to you but you need to be able to refocus in a matter of seconds on why you are there.

TO KICK THE BUTT OF THE GUYS SITTING ON THE LINE WITH YOU.......
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline RJohansen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »
Immortal Words
 Every shot makes someone happy!!!

Offline Joe Mendham

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 10:47:31 AM »
 And all I wanted to do was shoot

Offline gyeomans

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 11:24:53 AM »
I think what Quantum Mechanics is telling us is that our thoughts when in "tune" with the bullet or focused on the shot, will effect where it goes.  To what extent I don't know.  If someone knows a Quantum Physicist, get he/she to do the calcs and tell us how much it does effect a bullets flight.

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 05:49:21 PM »
Should I try and book Steven Segal to teach us?

Offline Bill Leeper

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 10:14:38 PM »
Now, I don't know if it really has much to do with quantum mechanics but I noticed, while reading the excerpt from the research paper, pretty solid evidence that my brain had slipped off into a parallel universe. The feeling was not unlike the feeling I get when bullets appear to fly upwind as they so often do when I'm suffering through a match.
I must say, on those rare occasions when I have shot particularily well, it did almost seem like I could will the bullets into the hole. Sadly, this phenomenon also seems to be well beyond my control and strictly random in nature.
Perhaps the best potential use for such esoteric knowledge lies in the alibi arena. Rather than simply missing a condition, one can admit to misjudging the necessary synaptic frequency for a particular shot. The cummulative effect of this error could easily spoil the whole damn group. Indeed, the entire match could be adversely affected. The beauty of this is; It may not even be the shooter's fault! I like it.  Regards,   Bill

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 06:01:23 PM »
" Rather than simply missing a condition, one can admit to misjudging the necessary synaptic frequency for a particular shot "
But Bill wouldn't the shooter still be to blame? 
I prefer to stick to alibi's that are mechanical in nature. From the amount of scopes I "fix" I believe most shooters prefer my alibi method.

Offline rpollock

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »
" Rather than simply missing a condition, one can admit to misjudging the necessary synaptic frequency for a particular shot "
But Bill wouldn't the shooter still be to blame? 
I prefer to stick to alibi's that are mechanical in nature. From the amount of scopes I "fix" I believe most shooters prefer my alibi method.

Good idea for a new thread!

Offline Bill Leeper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 09:30:23 PM »
Tony,
Since everthing the shooter sees and experiences is influenced by the thoughts of his competitors - keeping in mind that these fellow competitors will sometimes sink to surprising levels of subterfuge - the synaptic miscue could easily be no fault of the shooter. Instead, he might well be making a wrong choice based on skewed information. Indeed, this may the the only explanation for some of the groups I have fired. Never mind that even mechanical issues, if I read correctly, could have their roots in the negative vibes coming from the man on the next bench. The next time your rifle coughs up a flier for you, have a quick look around and see if you can catch another shooter with a smug look on his face. Odds are, this same shooter was the one glaring at your scope just prior to your shot.
I tell you, this little discussion has made me look at things in a whole new light. It might be that a tinfoil deflector will prove to be useful against those who would try to sabotage a shooters efforts via mental interference. At the same time, there may be a market for an amplifying device to aid in positive resonation. Regards,   Bill.

Offline phil

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »
Wish I could spell well enough to say something important.

Offline Tony Gauthier

• View Profile
    • APRA
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »
I can spell it, just wish I new what it meant. ???
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 07:53:12 PM by Tony Gauthier »

Offline TheGrandEnigma

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 10:06:38 PM »
I've heard it said that if anybody claims to know anything about quantum mechanics, they don't know anything about quantum mechanics.

I'll not try to wrap my head around it - just go with it!
See you around the Forum,

Matt M

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk