BR News > WBSF - World Benchrest Shooting Federation Events

New Zealand 2017 World Championships

(1/5) > >>

rpollock:
For those that are interested in attending this event, here is some preliminary information from the organizers. Note there has been a change from $400 NZ Dollars to $400 US Dollars.

New Zealand 2017 World Championships Preliminary Information as of Jan 3, 2016

Reminder that the qualifying process for 2017 will take place in 2016 and will follow the previous format. We will be taking the top 6 Grand Aggregates of each shooter with points earned based on how many shooters you beat in those Grand Aggregates. It is important to attend the larger shoots to maximize your possible points earned. There will be a separate email and posting specifying in greater detail the qualifying process for 2017.

rpollock:
Folks I just had an email from Ian Owen of New Zealand. He was kind enough to send some photos of the range the Worlds will be held at in 2017. His comments from the email are below:

-----------

Ian Owen - As I promised I took a couple of photos of the Nelson range over the
weekend, the area in the foreground on photo IMG_0588 is where the
loading tent will be. Photo IMG_0567 gives you an idea of the wind
strength we had on our practice day for Nationals.
You will notice the roof going on above where the last 5 benches will
be, so hopefully in the next month the firing line will have 25 benches.

------------------

IanOwen:
Thanks for posting the photos Rick.

The top pic was pratice day for Nationals, the tails never dropped from horizontal all day long, although they did flap a bit more when the gusts came through.

In the 3rd photo we are shooting Rimfire at 50m and the fourth photo the loading tent for WBC will be in the foreground.

I'm looking forward to a few Canadian BR shooters visiting the range in 2017.

rpollock:
Just wanted to update things for those that are interested and following along. Teams have been selected, entry fees paid, airline tickets and hotel rooms booked. We have had a number of Sponsors step forward to help fund things. As you can imagine New Zealand will be a pricey trip and there is no Government funding available for BR. I would  ask if anyone is interested in helping sponsor the Team to let me know, we would be pleased to accept donations of any size or type. In the past we have had raffles of equipment, or donations of equipment, and of course cash donations always help. We have can offer a space on the team jerseys for a company or corporate logo to recognize our sponsors.

That said I would like to thanks our Sponsors!

Plenty O' Patches
Jiffy Lube - Airdrie East and West
Alberta Provincial Rifle Association
Rosebud Silhouette and Benchrest Club
Vicky Duncan
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters

Thanks,

Rick
rickpollock@shaw.ca

World Team Roster:

TEAM A
Robert Seemann
Hugh Williamson
Richard Pollock
Dan Opel

TEAM B
Wayne Miller
Tyler Edmunds
Victor Edmunds
Tory Phinn

rpollock:
Just a note to let everyone know that Korth/Leupold have been added to our list of sponsors for 2017. The support is very much appreciated from all our sponsors!

Plenty O' Patches www.plentyopatches.com
Jiffy Lube - Airdrie East and West www.jiffylube.ca
Alberta Provincial Rifle Association www.albertarifle.com
Rosebud Silhouette and Benchrest Club www.albertarifle.com/rosebud.htm
Vicky Duncan
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters www.ofah.org
Korth Group - Leupold www.korthgroup.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version