Author Topic: 2015 BRSC Nationals Results and etc.....  (Read 5868 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
2015 BRSC Nationals Results and etc.....
« on: July 07, 2015, 07:33:00 PM »
On behalf of the Selkirk Benchrest Shooters I want to thank those who made the trex to MB to compete in the 2015 Nationals.  

When I say Nationals many around the world will say what????  only 17 shooters..... well we are a VAST country just like many BR countries.  We are a small group but love the game.

To those that came I hope we did our best to run a good match.  In time I am sure it will even get better.  

For now I just have a picture of the winners and know Rick will post the results as soon as he can after I send him the PDF files.  I can say that practice day on Friday the winds were sleeping.  Come Saturday, the Selkirk wind Gods were upon us.  Regardless Rick Pollock had a rifle that was working or maybe he had lucked out and found the honey hole........  Regardless, he was able to figure things out quite well at 100.  Saturday evening about 1.5 hours after we were done shooting saw a torrential downpour.  Thankfully most of us were inside enjoying a beverage or 2 or dinner.

Sunday came the return of the calmer winds.  I know a lot of us were hoping for more but it would not happen.  Lack of wind and a lot of funny things happening on the targets left many of us scratching our heads.  

Anyway, I can type more and more but I am not a secretary.  I am a service tech......

Back L to R:  Dan Opel, Dan Henderson, Dwayne Cyr, Murray Benson
Front L to R:  Rick Pollock, Hugh Williamson, Phil Nick

What I can say is that Hugh Williamson is the defending BRSC Nationals Champion and defended it in great fashion winning the 2015 Nationals.  Rick Pollock finished 2nd, Dan Henderson, Phil Nick and Dan Opel round off the top 5.  Hugh takes home the Charlie Womack Memorial Trophy (middle)

The PPC Cup (aka Prairie Provincial Cup) was taken by team Alberta which consisted of a stacked team of the top 3 shooters this weekend in Hugh, Rick and Dan H.  The PPC Cup is the trophy on the right side which was started and donated by the Regina Benchrest Club which unfortunately no longer is with us......  Second was team Ontario with Phil, Dwayne and Gord.  Third was Manitoba with Grant, Larry (new 1st time shooter), myself.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:39:53 PM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline John VM

• View Profile
Re: 2015 BRSC Nationals Results and etc.....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 08:59:31 PM »
 Congratulations Hugh!

Offline KeithZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 09:55:28 PM »
Awesome, well done guys!!!!!

Keith

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:28:53 PM »
First off; thanks to Cal and Murray for hosting the match! And thanks to the Selkirk club for letting us use the range. Well done! A good time had by all.
Second I hope I don't see the Trans Canada highway again until September, or it may be too soon....

Here are the results:

BRSC Nationals 2015 2-Gun

BRSC Nationals 2015 LV100

BRSC Nationals 2015 LV200

BRSC Nationals 2015 LV Grand

BRSC Nationals 2015 HV100

BRSC Nationals 2015 HV200

BRSC Nationals 2015 HV Grand

Equipment List

« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:11:17 PM by rpollock »

Offline Bertde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 05:02:15 AM »
Congratulations - some pretty good shooting.
Thanks also for the picture - nice to put a face to the names that come up regularly.
Bert

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk