Author Topic: Mission, BC Score Shoot - November 2012  (Read 5150 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Mission, BC Score Shoot - November 2012
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:43 PM »
The boys in Mission BC are still at it! Match report courtesy of Jim Latham:

Mission Score Shoot Results

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:26:58 PM by rpollock »

Bill Gammon

Re: Mission, BC Score Shoot - November 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 06:09:42 AM »
We have used that scoring system for 20 years or so and, (in my estimation), it is far superior. In fact no Canadians have gone to the USA matches around here, because of it. It is really dishearting to travel 2 hours and shoot a 9 on your first target. At least, with the 11 point system, you can dig in and shoot your butt off and win. Interest short story, 1 USA range decided to use the 11 point system, they were getting 6 to 8 shooters before with the 10 X system. Went to 18 shooters with the 11 point system until it was changed because that was not the way it should be, even though none of the matches where registered. They are now back to 6 to 8 shooters. OH WELL!!!!!
I guess the EGO of 2 is superior to the fun of 18.

Offline John VM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
 Bill, I remember attending those shoots and I think they were a hoot, especially when you had the can am thing going. I could say more on the 2 over 18 but I won't.

Offline K Hope

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:38:24 AM »
For Against or Indifferent.  

I was at a Score shoot in Sulphyr Springs a few years ago; always a big turn out there. At that time there was a movement to go with a 7-minute match in place of the 10-minute match. That particular day the President of the IBS was there and asked for a vote to see how everyone was thinking.  Well; a hand full voted for the 7 minute and another hand full voted for the 10 minute however, the overall majority voted indifferent. The movement eventually died out.  Either way most people just want to shoot.

Score -group -7 minute -10 minute -X count or points; every time I pull the trigger I give it my best shot.

Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk