Author Topic: Interim President and VP  (Read 4481 times)

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Interim President and VP
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »
Per Jeff's request a copy of his e-mail announcing the appointment of an interim President and VP, text below:

---------------

It is with pleasure that on behalf of Tony, Lyle and Jeff that we announce the following:

As of March 1st the new Bench rest Shooters of Canada President is Calvin Yanchycki.

As of March 1st the new Bench rest Shooters of Canada Vice President is Joe Mendham.

We are still looking for a new Treasurer. These most capable folks will take over until the annual meeting in early July in Manitoba at he Canadian shoot.

The last few years have been good, we increased our membership significantly, had annual meetings, (even if some attempted to play silly at the meetings), have actual provincial representation, money in the Bank, annual statements, and lots of motions decided upon by the masses,

We did not succeed in getting some Eastern (if I can use that term) clubs to join yet. I will be sending a couple of e-mails that the office of the President send regarding those discussion as they can be released now, and please  MOST OF THE PROVINCIAL REPS AND EXECUTIVE HAVE ALREADY SEEN THEM AND WERE ALWAYS IN THE LOOP. They were never forwarded on at the request of the folks asking questions,  but they may be shown now.

My only complaint is that if someone has a concern please talk to your provincial reps, then any of the Executive and lastly the President's position, (don't just send a stupid e-mail when you are new and start beaking off about how it is not a national organization)

As I have said at the last 3 annual meetings with the help of everyone we have grown. I do not take full responsibility for this but have played a small part yes and so have others.

The new President Calvin will send this on to those listed in the e-mail system for the BRSC and I have sent it to my e-mail list so others do not wonder what happened, NOTHING,

just the 3 Executives have done the work for 3 years, and perhaps a little longer and it is time for OTHERS TO SHOW LEADERSHIP AND HELP OUT. 

Let us enjoy the year 2011 and make sure we all help out the new somewhat fearless leaders in making it FUN  to shoot BENCH REST FOR ALL.

On behalf of the previous Executive we wish the new guys all the best, and watch out we now have time to shoot and sit back and watch the matches from the sidelines which we will enjoy,

Help us welcome new shooters and ranges throughout western Canada and maybe beyond.

thanks again to all who helped along the way and thanks to those who did not for making our time enjoyable in a different sort of way.

and with that, it is out to shovel snow instead of the normal BS

thanks again

BSRC retired President  Jefferson   

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: Interim President and VP
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 09:17:17 PM »
I guess I should start by saying hello.  Hello...............

I am HONORED to take on the role of interm BRSC President.  I am looking forward to the challenges of trying to see this sport grow and flourish in Canada. 

Being the vast country that Canada is, it will definately be a challenge.  If we even see a few new shooters a year that is a plus for our sport.  The only way to see the sport grow is for EVERYONE to be a voice and share their knowledge and experience with those not familiar with it.  Take that little moment out of your day if you are at the range practicing to share with those who seem the slightest bit interested.

I also want to thank the out going President Jeff Wardlow, and VP Tony Gauthier for all the did to get BRSC revived after it sat idle for many years.  I know it is not easy but they broke ground.  I should also thank Sec/Tres Lyle Turton for getting things in order in regards to the banking and minutes.  It took some work but we are rolling slowly.

To sum things up, I will be a President who will listen to ALL CONCERNS and ISSUES brought before us.  No idea will be to small.  We will follow the by laws that are in place to make or pass any changes. 

If you have a great idea, be prepared to step up to the plate to see it through, and follow up with a progress report.  There have been some issues brought up and discussed that may need looking at.  We will save those for the AGM which will be held Friday July 1, 2011, the weekend of the BRSC Canadian Nationals at Selkirk.  If you have any agenda items you would like discussed at the AGM whether you will be there or not, contact myself at cyanchyc@mymts.net or Joe Mendham at joemendham@hotmail.com  We will compile the list and get that Agenda out to you 60 days prior to the AGM.  Remember, if you are a member of BRSC and cannot attend but would like a say you can cast your vote via proxy.  1 proxy vote per BRSC member.   

If you have not renewed your BRSC membership please do so and PLEASE put your e-mail address if you have one.  That is the way a lot of communication will be handled.  For those that do not have the luxury of e-mail I want to see those few contacted via Canada Post.

Memberships are available from:

Maxine Seib
5710 2nd Avenue N
Regina,SK
S4R 5M5

Memberships are 25.00 for 1 year and 45.00 for 2 years.  Memberships are required to shoot at any match.

In closing, many may ask you what is Bench Rest or what does it mean to you?  I sat and thought for a while one day and came up with this.

Benchrest is a place "Where Friends Compete & Achieve the Ultimate in Rifle Accuracy"

Calvin     
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Seiber

• Just a Happy Puppy!
    • View Profile
    • Regina Fish and Game League
Re: Interim President and VP
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:28:48 AM »
Well Calvin you also have another board to keep up to date.  http:\\www.rfgl.net . In Clubs you'll find Benchrest, Register and you can place anything in there to your hearts content.  As You may have noticed I have stolen some post from here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk