Author Topic: BRSC Historical documents  (Read 5813 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
BRSC Historical documents
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »
Just wondering who has some?

Bill Gammon has done a GREAT job scanning the issues of the magazine that used to be published.  There are isues he is looking for to try and complete the collection.  There is a post in regards to the issues in question.  If you have any please take some time to thumb through them.  It would be nice to have as many scanned as possible.

Pictures or other old articles would be nice as well.  Murray Benson has some along with EVERY match report and equipment list since Selkirk started.  I am hoping to get those scanned as well.  He is short a few matches so I MUST get off my butt and get those completed.

I also have talked with Paul Ross in regards to anything record related.  He is to be sending me some STUFF along with some pictures.

Let's not loose sight of the history of Benchrest in Canada.

Bill if you have any pics or other articles from the East it would be nice to see some of them.

We still have some winter left so now is the time to do this.................

Cheers
Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline Dwayne Cyr

• View Profile
Re: BRSC Historical documents
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 03:55:30 PM »
Cal

Thanks for taking the initiative and showing some leadership.

Dwayne

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:49:22 PM »
Bill, I just want to say thanks for the discs.  I have been going through the odd edition and WOW some neat pictures and articles.

Interesting as well how a NBRSA or IBS could shoot up here without a BRSC Membership.  Something that should possibly be looked at.  Not that we get a lot of US shooters to our matches.

Calvin

Bill Gammon

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 05:07:08 AM »
I have scaned about 5 more magazines in the last week or so

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 07:24:55 AM »
Talking Historical Documents, I have almost completed a running history of the BRSC Records to the best I can.  These are just the group records at this time for the Canadian and Canadian International. 

Thanks to Bill for the discs on the scanned BRSC Magazines for this little project.  I am good up until about 1993.  I am in need from 93 till current.  There are some years thru the 80's that are missing.  I have talked to Wayne Miller and he has some documents.  I hope to get them and copy them to fill in the blanks.

Looking at the records as they sit today and where I ended off there are some changes but not a whole lot.  When I get things finalized I will formulate some sort of document to reflect the records as they progressed.

If anyone has any records that can fill in the blanks please let me know. We may be able to fill the blanks in with a phone call or e-mail.

Calvin 

Offline DanO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:10:45 PM »
Looking forward to seeing some of this history.
DanO

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk