Author Topic: 2021 BRSC Nationals Selkirk July 31- Aug 1 updated June 23  (Read 1656 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
2021 BRSC Nationals Selkirk July 31- Aug 1 updated June 23
« on: June 11, 2021, 11:49:15 AM »
What is there to say?

As you may well know MB is looking like one of the last provinces to start opening up.  As of 12 AM Saturday,  outside group sizes are increasing for up to 5 people from 2 different households plus your individual household.  This is a great thing.

Grant and I have been on the fence of whether or not this will happen.  I have corresponded with a few people on this and they have asked that we hold off making a decision.  The hardest part is trying to decide how long to wait to make a decision.  We want to be fair to those that plan on traveling.

What I will say is of you have had your shot and not your second, my suggestion get the second.  If you have not heard, MB is in talks with the provinces to open up inter provincial travel with no isolation time if you have both shots.  Currently if you travel to MB you are to self isolate for 10 or 14 days.  If you have had the shots they are planning to drop that requirement.

Fingers crossed that this will pan out.

Calvin

« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 08:13:40 PM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline LWZ

• View Profile
Re: 2021 BRSC Nationals Selkirk July 31- Aug 1 update
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 06:30:22 AM »
I think our current health orders are set to expire June 26th. With any luck we should have some indication where things are at.

I would hate to see this match not happen but under our current circumstances I understand you guys have to make a decision soon. Good luck.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
Re: 2021 BRSC Nationals Selkirk July 31- Aug 1 updated June 23
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 08:20:22 PM »
After careful consideration and discussions with Grant we have decided Selkirk would not be able to host the BRSC Nationals August Long weekend.

Restrictions are loosening but not enough to be able to host a tournament.  Yes they may change in a week or 2 but the current orders announced today are in place until after August long weekend.  We are still in a state of unknowns.  As of today tournaments are NOT allowed.  It is unfortunate but it is what it is.

I will be corresponding in writing to the BRSC secretary our decision to cancel.

Calvin
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 BRSC Nationals Selkirk July 31- Aug 1 updated June 23
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 12:59:54 PM »
The 2021 BRSC National Championships will move to Rosebud on Sept 4/5.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk