Author Topic: BRSC Official Screamer Certificate Procedures.  (Read 6961 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
BRSC Official Screamer Certificate Procedures.
« on: April 13, 2010, 08:22:14 PM »
I have been kicking the idea around of recognizing those that shoot a SCREAMER Group at a BRSC sanctioned shoot.  I initially thought of awarding a decal or patch but wanted to keep the costs to a minimum as this sport is not a money maker.  I ended up with a Certificate design that I have received good response on from some of the BRSC Executive Commitee.

To qualify for a Screamer certificate is quite simple.  Shoot a .099 or smaller at 100 yards or a .249 or smaller at 200 yards.  Have the target signed and dated by the scorer and 1 witness.   Take a photo of the 3 of you with the target, and e-mail me the photo with the particulars of the shoot and I will get the Certificate printed out to reflect your target.  Include with that info the name and address of the official scorer so I can mail the certificate to Paul for his signature and he can forward it on to the scorer for him to sign.  Not to difficult.  The Official Scorer can then present the certificate to the individual and hopefully garner a photo op.

Here is a copy of the certificate.
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Bill Gammon

Re: BRSC Official Screamer Certificate Procedures.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
Just asking, if you are a member of BRSC does this award apply, irregardless of the range as long as it is a registered match.
A match being and a shooting competition.
The Assoc. being a "registered", nonprofit Assoc., example I.B.S., N.B.R.S.A., B.R.S.C.

I reread the first line, and I am sorry for bringing this up.
Bill

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 06:27:24 PM »
It's okay Bill.

Just want to keep it a BRSC Registered Match.  Does not matter where in Canada as long as the match is Registered with Paul Ross.  I am not sure what the BR shoots in Ont or Quebec have been doing in regards to any type of Sanctioning but it does not cost anything to get the info to Paul.

As for yourself and the other Ontario shooters who have the ability to frequent the US Shoots keep in mind the Canadian International Record possibilities.

If you want I can e-mail you a copy or print them off of Benchrest.ca to keep in your hot little hands when shooting down south.

Calvin

Bill Gammon

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 07:06:42 PM »

If you want I can e-mail you a copy or print them off of Benchrest.ca to keep in your hot little hands when shooting down south.

So that's the way it's going to be, EH! ::) ::)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 07:27:57 PM »
Bill at this time I say yes. 

I may be overstepping some grounds with this but I e-mailed the BRSC Executive members on this matter over the last 3-4 months. 

You could say this is something that I wanted to see implemented here in Canada to recognize our Canadian shooters.  We traded some ideas and they were in favor of doing something like this.  I wanted to see this as a BRSC offering.  It may mean more to someone than if it were something I wanted to do on my own.  It does not cost a fortune to print out a few certificates every now and then.  I have an endless supply of Matte Photo paper to print out on.

To many long time veteran shooters it may not mean a lot.  To a relative newcomer like myself who loves this sport and wants to contribute as best I can to see it grow, I will do what I can to help this great sport.

I along with many others want to see it come back in Canada.  It is going to take years for that to happen but I hope it does.  This may be a little something, along with keeping the shooters up on the records and processes to re-stimulate the shooters.  Another goal to shoot for.  See a lot of the current record holders I have never met nor will ever meet so I want to see there names gone and mine in those places. 

If you have any suggestions please say so.

Calvin

Offline rpollock

• Long Term Resident of BR Addiction Center
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:47:48 PM »
Just great....

Something to stick on the workshop wall when the BR gods deem it time to deliver the tiniest bit of encouragement in the guise of a screamer, which causes some poor slob toiling away behind the controls of a BR rifle to be pushed just far enough down the slope that he becomes a virtual stranger in his own family and a permanent fixture at the rifle range.

Other than the above, it is a great idea.... ;D

Offline TheGrandEnigma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:48:47 PM »
How often do shooters get groups like that?  I'll go out on a limb and say not often.   ???
See you around the Forum,

Matt M

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 06:46:09 AM »
That is a tough one to answer.  At Selkirk I know we had 3 at one weekend match.  In the same relay at 200 yards Phil Nick shot one in the 2's only to be beat by Harold Wasnie with one in the .18XX.  We had 3 shot that weekend.

I shot my first and only screamer at my second match ever.  Been realy close for many others but close is just not enough.

Rosebud is a tough one.  If I am right there have only been maybe 3 shot there in all the years.  Some guys like Paul Ross who have shot for around 25 years shot his first screamer at a match last year.  Paul is a good shooter and it took him a long time.  I actually was talking to him the other night and reminded him it only took my second match to get mine at 200.  Guess what his words were????????

I will tell you it feels good when you shoot one in a match.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk