Author Topic: CZ 452 first target of the year  (Read 34381 times)

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
CZ 452 first target of the year
« on: March 06, 2016, 07:05:56 PM »

Did not have an extra scope so I pulled my VX 3 8.5-25 off of my Rem 700 .223 and put it on my customized CZ 452.  Went to the farm and sighted it in.  Decided to give it a run on a score target at 50 yards today.  This is the first and only target I shot with this particular brand of ammo.  Winds were manageable from about 1-2:30.  

Figure I will take this and 2 more and I will be very happy.  Think I need to order more ammo......

Not bad for a CZ with a few modifications....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:09:07 PM by cyanchycki »
My house is protected by the good Lord and a GUN............
When I Die I don't wanna go Sober..................................

Offline phil

• View Profile
Re: CZ 452 first target of the year
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:38:51 AM »
See you in Kenora,

Offline VolkerT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:22:58 AM »
Not bad at all, Calvin!  ;)
I recently acquired a stock CZ453Varmint. Had some spare time after a recent 22BR match to try it for the first time. I installed a Leupold scope similar to yours on it. I shot SK Magazine ammo on the IBS50 target. After 10 shots dialing in, I fired 20 consecutive shots on four bulls for grouping; they were all tens. Would have shot more, but winds started to increase and the temps dropping below -1C. I'm quite happy w. that. Makes me think my custom had better do much better than that, lol
Will try a full 25bull target next time. Keep us posted about your CZ endeavours.
Cheers,
VT

Offline phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 06:51:42 PM »
No shots on the sighters, Cal you have big brass ones.

Offline John VM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 08:37:51 PM »
Cal, that rifle needs to go. It plain missed the dot a bunch of times, I know someone who buys old beater .22's if you need to get rid of it quick! :)
Hope you have a ton of fun with it.
John

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 08:17:40 AM »
Am I allowed to contest bull 22? I have my fee ready.  ;D

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 01:05:29 PM »
I know it looks bad.  It did cut the 10 ring.  Just one of those bulls when I decided to take a chance on a switch from what I was normally shooting.....

Offline phil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 07:04:31 PM »
Dan, it's a long drive to Kenora, but it's worth it.

Offline Dennis Sorensen

• View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 01:37:50 PM »
I haven't looked at this site for a while... just clicked in today and it's good to see your CZ is working well...
After 53 years I am fully retired, unlicensed and have sold all my gunsmithing tools and lathe...
Thanks to all my customers...

Offline hendershot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 09:28:45 AM »
Phil, I'll be driving east this fall to visit the family south of Barrie and will be passing by Kenora. If the timing is right I'd like to drop in to see your range.

Offline phil

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 12:00:47 PM »
Dan,
      We will be glad to see you.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »
Dennis it is shooting well.  I could not be happier for what a CZ 452 has to offer.

Dan, when you passing thru east?  Never know, you could make a shoot in Kenora...

Offline IanOwen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 03:16:20 AM »
Hey Calvin, That's a good shooting CZ but I just can't get over how big your 10 ring is. It looks about the size of our 9 ring.

On our target if you just touch the dot the other side of your bullet is touching the 9 ring, we are using the WBSF rimfire target.

Offline cyanchycki

• View Profile
    • Selkirk Game and Fish
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 10:57:22 AM »
Ian as you can see that is a IBS target.  Yes it is larger when it comes to the bull.  I believe it has the largest bull of all rimfire score targets.

I along with one of my shooting buddies believe it is a great target to use for ease of scoring for new people to the sport.  This is unlike using targets with smaller scoring areas.  We want to entice people to the sport not chase them away is what we feel.

If I have my way and rimfire BR becomes part of BRSC it would be utilizing the IBS target.

It is like anything in BR....... a money game.  Smaller targets are okay when the playing field is level in equipment but a lot of times it is not.  So let's make it easy for the beginners.

JMO
Calvin

Offline IanOwen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 04:25:11 AM »
I've run a few rimfire matches with the WBSF target, small 10 ring.
I ran two classes target rifle and factory rimfire class so not modifications to the rifle except tune the trigger, of course while I used a factory CZ452 I put myself in the target rifle class.

The highlight for a lot of the factory shooters was a wipout and to recall everyone had some, they did see what experience and a good rifle can do as I managed a 670 12x with the CZ. The highest factory score was 551 4x and while not high all shooters came back for another go.

I think a level playing field is the crucial thing to get people coming back and also to make it fun. Even using a factory rifle I put myself in target rifle class as I think experience counts for a lot.

Years ago there was a team postal shoot going and I got a few NZ shooters to participate, this was in factory class. Well one shooter bailed at the last minute and didn't turn up so I used my BSA MK II and managed a better score at 100yds with the 22 than the others got with their centrefire rifles, needless to say I couldn't convince them to come and compete again...........all I had to do was drop a few more points and the fun may have continued.

Rimfire shooting is fun, but I really enjoyed it when we shot 50yd and 100yd rimfire group competitions, there was nothing like watching that bullet curve through the air and watching it go through the target.

Good luck in getting the rimfire shooting included.

Ian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk